maandag 21 maart 2016

The Philippines part 2: Welcome to Hagnaya

So like I said, we spent two days in Hagnaya where my grandma lives.
She transferred to another place after the typhoon Haiyan hit, because this house is sturdier. Here we met a young girl named Niña, who apparently helps out my grandma sometimes, so she came by these two days to join us.

This is where my grandma lives now. There are a lot of edible plants.
On the left the car of my uncle who brought us :D.


Niña also knew the way to my niece and uncle in Hagnaya who have also transferred (higher up in the mountain) after the typhoon, because their place got wiped away :(. They and Niña live close to the houses that where built by aid organizations after the typhoon, so we visited that place too. If you want to know where your money went then here is a part of the results: 100 cute blue houses built with cement! I think it look really nice. The people also got some money to start up again. There is another place in Hagnaya with 60 other houses like these but we will visit those another time.



A tree along the way and Niña fishing in front of my grandma's place.
She has great fishing skills, after 2 minutes she already caught her first fish haha!



So many fishies! She took them home and they will be dried into 'Buwad'.

And when I say skilled I mean really skilled :') She caught this little squid right away with her hand the moment she noticed it haha. After that she caught another one with the dog's plate. They were black at first but changed color in the bottle. I think she took them home as pets.



There are a lot of pretty birds in the Philippines. These are a Rufous Night Heron and a
Kingfisher, both viewed from my grandma's terrain.


One of the many little crabs. This one is definitely posing!

Some fishermen. They have shirts on their head to have some protection against the heat.
I think they look like waterninja's, it kinda looks badass haha!

This is where we slept with a part of the family, it's outside behind the house :)

I've never seen a foreigner in Hagnaya and I never thought it was a tourist spot,
(long way driving and not much to do if you don't have friends or family here) but out of nowhere this huge resort popped out (Hagnaya Beach Resort). We got the whole swimming pool for ourselves hehe. I guess the owner got a lot of money on his hand to keep this place going, because it's not that popular yet around foreigners. It looks really nice though and if you plan on experiencing the local life and looking for a nice place to stay 
I would recommend going here.

Two other places that are also a part of the resort.

A quick visit at the market, some spices and a fruit (Soursop).

That's it for now :) I have to wake up early tomorrow because we're going to Moalboal
for 4 nights, where Rio will go scuba-diving. I won't be able to upload anything there,
because I don't always have internet, but I sure will when I get back.
See you in the weekend!







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten